12.11.2013

it would be better if I were asleep

Sometimes I get really tired. Like, ragefully tired. Maybe you can relate. It's not always realistic to think that you can just go home when you need a nap. I've fallen asleep in many places. Perhaps you have too.

I have friends that give me a hard time about falling asleep while in social situations. But sleeping is natural and I feel that public outreach about this particular topic is a must. I'm not narcoleptic, I'm just tired. All I'm asking for is a little understanding and compassion. A friend told me recently that her doctor said it was important to take a lot of naps. So what if she's depressed and it was her psychotherapist who was speaking to her. The point is that a lot of napping is healthful.

There are so many people out there who are worse than I am about public snoozing. I tend to fall asleep on couches at parties or during movie nights. Check out these dummies:



I'm judging her not only because of the obvious but also because of the fact that she is wearing house shoes at the office. Wtf.




Get it together.





The sleeping guy needs a shirt that is one size larger and he is about to get his ass kicked. 


Whore.




Maybe someone slipped them some sudafed on purpose. My sister did that to me once. She shoved it in a twinkie but I noticed that the white frosting had turned blue so I put two and two together and guessed that someone was trying to poison me. I was right! High five.





I'm not trying to be snotty about the fact that I'm better at falling asleep in public than these fools. But I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment