4.02.2014

Finding Friends in Foça

I recently visited a small seaside town called Foça. You know what I love the most about traveling to new places? You never know who you are going to meet.

On this particular weekend I met two retired gentlemen who were super excited to show off their town. They had both grown up in Foça and knew the area inside and out.

They began by telling my friends and I a list of important facts about Foça:

1) There used to be a Club Med.
2) There is a lot of gossip.
3) There are a lot of cats.
4) There are a lot of crazy people.
5) There are 3 historic windmills -- and would we like to see them?

Of course we wanted to see them.

So we got in their car and took off.

*Side Note: These were not dangerous people. I know that many of you think it might be a really bad idea to get into a stranger's car in a city you know nothing about. But 9 times out of 10, it's COMPLETELY fine. And they had already told us about the important stuff like cats and crazy people so we actually did know quite a bit about the city.

Back to my story. When we got in the car, we KNEW it was going to be an exemplary day because of the song that was playing -- one of the greatest hits from 1991: I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt.Things got wildly out of control for about 120 seconds as we blared the song at top volume with the windows open and our voices yelling.

Our soundtrack for the day continued on in a similar (a.k.a. AWESOME) fashion -- mostly comprised of Monster Ballads from the 80's and one-hit-wonders from the 90's. My two favorite genres.

Look how super funness these guys are!

Other Highlights:

  • We found street puppies and we were so happy.
  • Our new best friend who was driving us around admitted that he only liked to watch musicals. Namely Flash Dance, Grease and Saturday Night Fever. See, I told you he was harmless. He also made three costume changes throughout the day, each with a dashing scarf to accessorize. He was fabulous.
  • We drank cappuccinos which came with chocolate spoons.
  • I was gifted with three carnations during dinner. Which was neat because I thought that the manufacturing of carnations had ended in 1993. Do carnations grow in the wild somewhere? Perhaps they grow in a field near Foça.
Hearts.

Puppies!


No comments:

Post a Comment